PTMILL a 5 Axis High Velocity Profile Machining Center
The Bertsche PTMILL is a gantry type 5 axis machining center. The work envelope is sufficiently large that it will machine parts up to 432” in length, 48″ wide and 12″ inches tall. The PTMILL consists of a wide width welded and thermally stress relieved bed structure that fully supports the 5 axis traveling machine module with tool changer.
5- Axis Module
The travelling machine module consists of a rigid gantry bridge that is a welded structure that moves in X axis direction. Each side of the bridge is driven by a set of tandem servo motors. The split axis (front and back tandem set) are synchronized to act as a single axis. Motor encoders provide for velocity and position feedback and allow high dynamic response. The linear scale provides high resolution and high accuracy position feedback.
- Full 5 Axis
- Direct Drive Gearless 2 Axis Head
- Direct Drive High Speed Spindle
- Each side of the bridge is driven by a set of tandem servo motors.
- Automatic 40 tool traveling tool changer
- Chip Containment Collection & Removal
- Dry or Wet Cutting
- Thermal part length control and compensation